Compassion equals involvement.


The definition of compassion is about involvement. To be compassionate means to get out of the boat of our current circumstances and get into the boats of those who are suffering. We are called to bear the burdens of those who are in need of our companionship-to "weep with those who weep"(Romans 12:15) ~Tom Davis



Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book Reviews

One of my goals for 2010 is to educate myself more. I want to gather as much information as I possibly can about orphans, other countries, cultures, statistics, poverty, religion, history, and the list goes on. So, I ordered some books from Amazon back at the beginning of January and I have finally gotten them in the mail. I have decided that I am going to do some book reviews and write a post about them. All of these books pertain to adoption...some of them are specific to Africa/Ethiopia.

Okay, here's the line-up:

-Fields of the Fatherless by Tom Davis (I have already read this book and will be blogging about it soon)

-From Ashes to Africa by Josh and Amy Bottomly

-There is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene

-Red Letters: Living a Faith that Bleeds by Tom Davis


Once I have read all of these books, I will move on to whatever is calling for my attention next.

Also, if you have not officially signed up to be a follower on my blog, please do so. I will be announcing some giveaways at the end of this week. In order for your name to be entered in the drawing, you MUST be an official follower of my blog. Please remember to put your e-mail address in your profile so that I can contact you in order to verify your mailing address. Some of you live in other states, so I will need to mail the prize to you.

Until then....Love, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment