Compassion equals involvement.


The definition of compassion is about involvement. To be compassionate means to get out of the boat of our current circumstances and get into the boats of those who are suffering. We are called to bear the burdens of those who are in need of our companionship-to "weep with those who weep"(Romans 12:15) ~Tom Davis



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm still here....

Hey y'all! In case you were all wondering, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I haven't blogged in a while because, well, there wasn't much to blog about.

However, I thought there were a few things worth mentioning. Back in May of 2010, Alex and I decided to put the adoption process on hold for a season so that we could focus on getting our finances in order. Since then, we have paid off a considerable amount of debt, and feel a peace from the Lord to start moving forward with the adoption. We still don't have a "timeline", but as of now, things are starting to look more promising......I think? Anyone who has been through the process of adoption can tell you first hand that things don't always work out the way that they were originally planned.

Here is what I can tell you. Our homestudy is almost complete. We have all of our paperwork completed and one more home visit to finish which is scheduled for next week. After that, we will wait for our background checks to be sent back and then we will officially be ready for a referral.

Here is something else that I can tell you. God is faithful. God provides. God is trustworthy. He is already starting to provide for this adoption. And I know that He will continue this.

Waiting (im)patiently,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. Waiting is never easy. :) I'm excited for you to move forward on your adoption plans.

    ReplyDelete